Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons: If you can’t turn HTC One V on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One V.
1. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
2. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
3. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.
Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset. My phone saves my info to the sim card.
Performing a factory reset from settings
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings.
2. Tap Storage > Factory data reset.
3. Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Then go into your Settings and sync all your accounts like this:
Accounts & Sync
+ to add an account
Add each account you want to sync
Note to me: I will need to re-set up on the phone again my AOL, GMail and FB, so don’t do a reset unless I have those passwords in front of me