Hello and welcome to the May 2016 edition of Horizons Magazine.  This month we have articles on the Near Dear Experience (NDE) by Anita Moorjani, Suzanne Giesemann, Laurin Bellg, M.D. and Maggie Callanan, who will all be speakers at the International Association of Near Death Studies (IANDS) Conference July 28-31 in Orlando, FL. See their articles, the ad on page 8 and go to www.neardeathconference.com for info

It’s comforting to know we get  more than one lifetime

Sometimes I forget who I’m talking to. I was in the yard and a neighbor stopped to chat. She explained her head scarf was because she was losing her hair from chemo. I said “Modern medicine is amazing.” She said her prospects were not good. I said, “Then it’s great we have more than just one life, so when one body wears out we get another and another, lifetime after lifetime.” She stared at me and asked, “Where on earth did you get such an idea?” “Oh, it’s the only thing that makes sense.” I said. “It gets interesting when we wake up and realize that we are all part of something bigger and we all get never-ending lifetimes to do it all in. Think about it.”

In the work I do, my experience is we exist in our consciousness — in our mind — which is why “we” don’t die when the body and brain dies. “We” don’t have to have a body in order to exist and be productive. CAN YOU DIG IT? Would God intervene to prevent the caterpillar from becoming a butterfly, a tadpole from becoming a frog? Would He stop an acorn from tearing apart in order to grow into an oak?

The surface shell dies away, our essential self remains alert and conscious inside, ready to awaken into the next dream.

What would happen if God kept the little seeds intact so the Mother oak didn’t watch all her seeds split apart and crumble into mulch? We’d never see the glory of another oak.

We do not die, the body may drop but we awaken into a new day. “We” don’t have to have a body in order to exist and be productive. “We” exist apart from the body. Just as a favorite shirt becomes tattered and worn and finally wears out and we have to discard it, just so we discard this body when it’s time, and we wake up into a new day.

A call to Lightworkers to hold the vision of the political candidates’ awakening

In this election season and in particular today where mass consciousness emotions are high, I am calling out to Lightworkers and Vision Keepers to tap into that emotion and channel it in a positive direction. I’m asking you to hold the vision with me of awakened, compassionate candidates in the race. If you feel someone dangerous is on the rise to political power, pray for his awakening and know that when many minds are gathered together with vision in prayer, miracles happen. It’s been said that when just 1% of the population meditates upon peace and lovingkindness, the effect spreads to the other 99% – and it works even if they don’t believe it. Here’s how we can help.

I know my centered-ness, my vision and my hopeful expectation can hold the space for others around me to tune into. My experience is if even one focused person can contemplate the scene and have faith in a successful outcome, that can entrain the consciousness of everyone, whether they are aware of it or not.

We can help bring that about by how we look at each candidate, how we perceive them, how we perceive what they are doing and how we perceive what grand good they may be capable of.  And I mean how we perceive not their physical, personality self, but how we perceive each at his/her essence. How we perceive each candidate separate from the overlay of any past history, hateful rhetoric and mean spirited jabs.

Why hold a vision of an awakened, compassionate Trump, for instance?  Because he’s getting into politics and he has the means to make things happen. Yes, right now they are self-serving, mean and unconscionably hateful things but if this man becomes powerful on the political scene, just imagine the amount of good he could do if he had a change of heart?

That’s why lightworkers and visionkeepers can hold a vision of his having an awakening, a compassionate softening of his heart due to new understanding dawning in him. If he’s on the rise to political power, pray for his awakening and know that when many minds are gathered together with vision in prayer, miracles happen.

It does not matter what is going on in the rest of the world, we can chose to focus our thoughts and discipline our behaviors so much that we can have an excellent and prosperous life no matter who is in office, no matter what the official state of the economy, no matter what the scientists or environmentalists say is happening around us.

BECOME A VISION KEEPER WITH US?

Enjoy our offering this month.

Hari Om.